This year has been a challenge so far with all the change and uncertainty. Now that schools are closed until the end of the year parents and families are feeling even more confused by what to do. Staying inside, especially if you have younger kids, can get old real quick, but what are we supposed to do now that we are to keep a good social distance?
Well, we have done a bit of research to figure out some fun activities to do both indoors and outdoors in order to change up the pace a little. This isn't a comprehensive list, but it does have a decent assortment of ideas. If you have any other suggestions we would LOVE to hear them!
Enjoy our list!
- Decorate your home for Easter! Bring in those bright and cheery pastel colors, hang a wreath, plant a flower.
- Hide bunnies or Easter eggs around the house and have an impromptu Easter Egg Hunt!
- Create a theme for each day and make your whole day revolve around it...dress like the theme, make food like the theme, watch a movie about the theme, etc.
- Plant something new outside and record the growth each day!
- Teach your kids or yourself how to make a new recipe.
- Tour a Zoo online (Cincinnati Zoo as well as many other zoos are doing free live videos on Facebook everyday!) then re-create your favorite animals out of play-doh.
- Organize a different room in your house
- Eat a meal outside!
- Take a long walk
- Play social distancing BINGO!
- Create a new board game and play it together
There are so many fun ideas on the internet, try some out and let us know how they go!